Klout score – Can it really measure influence and...
Klout believes that influence is the ability to drive action! I really like that statement. In many ways the Klout score is maybe the best that we currently have as one metric to measure social media influence. The Klout score looks at how many people you influence, and by how much, and how influential they are, and it now does that in 12 social networks, and the list is growing. Klout measures...
What Does It Take To Be a Social Strategist?... →
dimitrihuys: Looking to break into a social media career? Here’s pretty much everything you need to know about the job and the people who do it every day. Nearly 80% of corporations use social media, so there’s plenty of opportunity for aspiring strategists — especially as the other 20% get on board. Ste…
Welcome to Zuckerberg's Law
bitshare: One might think with all the changes Facebook made this past week that we are and will be over-sharing to the point of ad nauseam. With the new Facebook Timeline profile, literally your life is out there for the world to see. If you don’t have the new Timeline profile yet, you can get it here. My philosophy is though, you can only see what I let you see; meaning if you don’t want...
Featured to follow; Rick Mans
The featured to follow Twitter account this week is from Rick Mans. You can find him in Twitter @rickmans I have met Rick and can say that he is very knowledgeable about Social Media and makes very enjoyable presentations. Rick describes himself as a social media strategist, technological optimist, blogger, and consultant. Rick also has a blog - http://dontmindrick.com
Social Analytics - don’t always grab for low...
“What gets measured gets managed”. How many times have you heard that one! It applies to so many areas in life. Patrick Ward (an Athletic Development, Sports Preparation & Performance Coach) used it in a recent blog post about sports performance. I often use this term when it concerns interactive marketing. If you want to see me with an uneasy look on my face is when I am trying to convince...
Are Facebook Fans Useful?
Facebook fan page - So what is next?
Building Your Business with a Facebook fan page? Here is Facebook’s guide book to advise you on what to do next.
Daily Patricia: One For The Tech/Internet Media →
patriciahandschiegel: ‘So how can a company that delivers such huge audiences struggle so mightily?’ - from a blog post today about Yahoo Here is the thing about the internet. When a website is visited, a server attached to it delivers a website page per the visitors request. This is called ‘the page view.’ The…
"Food for thought" by Claudia Mossa (Guest...
I will feature contributions from guest bloggers on the Social Media Jedi blog, and today it is Claudia Mossa, who is from Italy. __________________________________________________________ Last night I watched Limitless, a great movie in my perspective. A young author in crisis found a new smart drug that allowed him to think and act much faster than before, improving his IQ and in a short time...
Which Social Media sites do you visit daily?
This is a picture of some of the social media sites that I am a member of. I have joined many of these as a part of my own curiosity about how social media communities work, and how the tools facilitate community growth, and others just because I want to. Some I visit on a daily basis because of my job as a community manager/strategist or as a subject matter expert (Lighting design). So I guess...
Google updates their search algorithm every day
bitshare: Google Search consists of several hundred ‘signals’ in their search algorithm and in a new video from Google, they say they change and update it every day, sometimes almost twice over. That is a tremendous amount of work that goes into providing the best search results possible. Read More
Social Media: Beyond the Hype event...
This is a one day conference to help you understand how to engage, influence and inspire online communities and brand ambassadors, hearing from top brands including Philips and Virgin Atlantic Airways on how they achieved success in social media. Through solid case studies and practical hands-on sessions, it will examine how you can achieve ROI through genuine interaction with your...
How to focus in the age of distraction
bitshare: If you struggle with focusing, you are not alone. With Facebook, Twitter, email and the entire Internet well, one can feel overwhelmed at times. Distractions are all over the place. I hate to use a cliché here, but there is a reason for it; which is sometimes we just need to stop and smell the roses. Read More
There are no magic wands, no hidden tricks, and no secret handshakes that can...– DARREN ROWSE - FOUNDER, PROBLOGGER